You can't beat a gossip over a cuppa, so why not tempt friends round to yours with some tasty teatime classics?
Ingredients for 8-10 cakes
• 375g ready-rolled puff pastry
• 25g unsalted butter, softened
• 75g mixed dried fruit, including currants and chopped apricots
• 25g soft, dark brown sugar
• 1tsp mixed spice
• finely grated rind of 1/2 a lemon
• 1 egg white, beaten
• caster sugar, for sprinkling
1) Roll out the puff pastry on a lightly floured surface to make it a little thinner.
2) Cut out rounds measuring about 9cm using a teacup saucer as a guide.
3) Next, beat the butter until really light and fluffy, then add the fruit, sugar, spice and grated lemon rind.
4) Divide the mixture between the pastry rounds, piling it in the middle. Gather up the pastry around the filling and press together to seal.
5) Turn over and roll out to flatten, being careful not to split the cake open. Make a few slashes in the top with a sharp knife to let the steam escape, then brush each cake with a little egg white and sprinkle generously with caster sugar.
6) Bake at gas mark 6/200ºC/400ºF for 20 minutes until puffed up and brown. Best eaten slightly warm.
Video: How to make Eccles Cakes
Alice Olivia Unveils New Denim Brand AO.LA
What Sugar Does to Your Body
Betty Barclay SpringSummer 2014 Collection
How to Draw a Snowman
How to Do Your Part to Prevent Animal Extinction
Halle Berry Says Shes Been Boxing Seriously For The Past 3 Years
8 Tips to Stay in Shape During Racing Off-Season
Obesity and your babys brain
How to Quit Porn as a Muslim
The Top Beauty Products You Need This Summer
Three Floor SpringSummer 2013 Collection
Theres a New Generation Obsessed With Mom Jeans
Ermenegildo Zegna Defining Moments Spring 2019 Advertising Campaign