8 Proven Traits Men Are Physically Attracted To
How to Be More Physically Attractive (Men)
Being physically attractive is an aim for many people out there. Being confident about your looks can contribute to good physical and mental health, and can make you happier throughout the day.Though opinions vary and beauty is ultimately in the eye of the beholder, there are steps that you can take day-to-day that will make you more attractive to the general public. By being aware of how others perceive you and working to improve your physical appearance, being physically attractive is an attainable goal for anyone out there.
Increasing Your Face's Attractiveness
Sleep more.If you don't get enough sleep, or your sleep is interrupted through the night, you'll end up having more wrinkles on your forehead, and your eyes and cheeks will be redder if you're fair skinned.Try to go to bed earlier if you aren't getting enough sleep at night. If your sleep is interrupted by a medical condition like sleep apnea or you have insomnia, talk to your doctor about treatments that can help you get a good nights rest.
- Adults between the ages of 18-64 require seven to nine hours of sleep per night, while teenagers require eight to ten hours of sleep.
Get a haircut.If you feel like you're stuck and can't change your look, consider getting a new haircut. If you've had the same style forever, you may be surprised at how much it can change your look. Your hair helps frame your face, so think about your facial features and how to best compliment them.
- For example, if you have a thick jaw, it may be a good idea to grow your hair out on the sides to balance your face.
- Experiment with different haircuts and ask your friends what looks best.
- Ask a stylist for suggestions. You can say, "I'm going for a suave and sophisticated look. Do you have any ideas?"
- If you like a haircut of an actor or musician, bring in a picture of him and see if the stylist can replicate it.
Consider growing a beard.Growing a beard may make you more attractive. It all depends on the existing symmetry and construction of your face, and your ability to grow facial hair. The most attractive facial hair is "heavy stubble" or a beard that hasn't been shaved in about ten days.
- If your beard grows out in patches, consider staying clean shaven or try to grow a goatee.
- Growing a beard can make your chin look broader.
Keep your skin clear.Clear skin indicates that someone is healthy and happy, while acne prone skin can be a turnoff for some people.Wash your face daily and try to find moisturizers and face scrubs that work with your skin. If you are having problems with keeping your skin clear, consider changing your diet so it includes more fruits and vegetables and make an appointment to see a dermatologist who can diagnose and treat your acne or any skin rashes.
- Olive oil, tomatoes, and dark chocolate have been shown to promote clear skin.
- Consuming an excess of unhealthy and sugary foods can lead to bad skin.
Dress to feel confident.When you wear nice clothes, you feel good. Feeling confident and comfortable will make you appear more physically attractive to other people.Try to dress nicer than those around you. Make sure that your clothes are well fitted and not too baggy or tight. If you have no fashion sense, or you're not sure what to wear, ask a friend or a sales associate for advice.
- Keep your clothes clean, pressed, and neat. For the most part, this will make you appear more attractive.
Wear red and black colored clothes.Red and black are the most attractive colors that men can wear. Wearing these colors has a biological significance that makes you subconsciously more attractive to other people. Black and red demonstrate dominance, attractiveness, and aggressiveness in men, and could enhance your look.
- Your style of dress still matters regardless of the color. If you look offputting or antisocial, the general public probably won't find you attractive.
Be yourself.While following these steps will help you appear more attractive to the general public, being yourself also plays a key role in how other people perceive you. Dressing in an outfit that feels forced or unnatural will hurt your outward confidence. Being yourself will enhance your attractiveness to others.
- Just because other people don't like a certain style of dress doesn't mean that you shouldn't.
- Try to inject your personal style into your clothing. For example, if you're known to be more energetic, try wearing bright colors to represent your light personality.
Working on Your Physique
Maintain good posture.Keep good posture by putting your shoulders back and holding your head high. Slouching over or having bad posture shows a lack of confidence and will make you appear less attractive to others.Practice maintaining good posture throughout your day by being aware of how your back is curved while you sit or stand. When you notice yourself slouching over, correct your posture.
- If you are prone to slouching over, it may take some time to change the behavior.
Work out regularly.Lean muscle is perceived to be the most attractive body types for men. Try to maintain a fat to muscle ratio of 16% fat and 80% muscle to appear more attractive. A personal trainer of physician will be able to calculate your fat to muscle ratio.. Stay within the moderate rep range, or 10-12 reps, with a weight that remains challenging.Hit the gym or do exercises at home to achieve a leaner, more muscular body.
- Do cardio exercises, like running, along with weightlifting exercises like the bench press, leg press, squats, and curls.
- You can also join a sports team or take up an active hobby to help work out your body.
- Exercises that will help build lean muscle include rock climbing and swimming.
- People's tastes all differ, and some will not like the lean muscle.
- Work out to feel more confident in your skin and aim to be a healthier person.
- Some guys won't be able to attain a lean or muscular body, but it's okay. As long as you are working towards your goal, your chances of being perceived as being more attractive go up.
Get a tan if you have naturally pale skin.Being tan is considered to be attractive by most people's contemporary standard of beauty.To get a tan, you can lay out under the sun, go to a tanning salon, or get a topical spray on tan.The sun isn't the only way to tan. Eating certain vegetables will give you what's known as a Carotenoid tan, which when paired with a melanin tan, or natural tan, will make you appear more attractive.To get a Carotenoid tan, make sure you're regularly eating fruits and vegetables like sweet potatoes, tomato juice, carrots, red peppers, cantaloupe, and melon.
- Tanning under UV light has been linked to cancer.
- The tan you get from Carotenoids is sometimes referred to as a "glow."
- Other than making you more attractive, most Carotenoids are also healthy for you.
Maintain good hygiene.Maintaining your personal hygiene is an important factor when talking about your physical attractiveness. If you smell bad or look dirty, others will perceive it as negative. Things like a bad odor or unkempt clothing will often turn people off.Remember to use underarm deodorant and shower or bathe every day. Brush your teeth so your breath smells good.
- Having good personal hygiene can also prevent harmful health conditions like head lice, athlete's foot, and infections.
QuestionA girl offered to let me sleep in her bed with her twice. I refused, and then she stopped asking me. Is she interested?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerShe probably WAS interested, but she might not be anymore, since it sounds like you repeatedly rejected her.Thanks!
QuestionIf a girl constantly stares at me is it a sign she is interested in me?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerThis is a sign that the girl may be interested. Try looking back at her and flashing her a smile. If she smiles back, you should introduce yourself. If she looks down or tries to avoid your gaze, this could either mean she's not interested or is just shy. Either way, try to start a conversation.Thanks!
QuestionIf I am overweight, but many girls smile at me. Should I talk to them and do they see me as physically attractive?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerJust because you are overweight doesn't make you unattractive. No one can read the girl's minds and tell you if they think you are attractive or not but they might. It is worth a shot and you should talk to them.Thanks!
QuestionDo I need a six pack to get a girlfriend?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerNo. It may be a preference for some girls, but it's more important to just have a healthy body and a good personality.Thanks!
QuestionHow do I know when a girl is interested in me?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerShe will make, or at least attempt to make, numerous signs/hints that she has a thing for you. Sometimes it's obvious if she thinks you have a good connection going. Talking to you, her hands on your shoulder, and many other 'touch barrier' breaking are also signs.Thanks!
QuestionHow can I attract a girl?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerJust be yourself. She will see your true self eventually anyway. If she likes who you are, then that's great. If not, keep looking.Thanks!
QuestionHow can I have confidence in myself?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerJust be yourself. Be comfortable around people, especially if you are with strangers. They don't know you, so you can be confident.Thanks!
QuestionHow do I make her like me more if she says she likes me as a friend?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerDon't try to force it. Be her friend. Maybe she'll feel differently in the future, maybe she won't, but you can't make her change her mind.Thanks!
QuestionDoes having a belly mean that I'm living an unhealthy life, and if so, what should I do to get rid of it?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerIt doesn't necessarily mean that you're unhealthy. Everyone's metabolism is different. Try to eat more healthy and exercise more, even if it means just taking a walk during your lunch break.Thanks!
QuestionHow do I get a woman to accept me, even though I know I'm a jerk sometimes?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerJust apologize when you catch yourself. Do not try to force a relationship with someone who isn't willing to understand you, but keep your inner jerk in check and always be kind when you can.Thanks!
- Body Dysmorphic Disorder is a mental disorder where the person obsesses over thoughts of their physical appearance. If you constantly are thinking of your appearance and it's interfering with important things in life like work, family, or school, seek help from a mental health professional.
- Don't allow others to define you. Beauty comes in many forms and shapes, and just because someone doesn't find you attractive, doesn't mean others won't.
- Being healthy, happy, and confident are the most important tools to help you enhance your physical attractiveness.
Sources and Citations
In other languages:
Español: , Italiano: , Português: , Русский: , Deutsch: , Français: , Bahasa Indonesia:
Video: What do women find physically attractive?
Sharlene Greenfield: One Caregivers Dilemma
Emma Watson Drops A Beat For Gender Equality
Bimba Lola SpringSummer 2014 Lookbook
Eddie Redmayne Reveals Air Stewardesses Like To Watch Him Sleep
The 35 Million Home Of A Former Apple Executive Is Up For Sale
Meghan Markle Asked Whether She’d Like To Marry Prince Harry
Learn more about Jack the Ripper
3 Ways to Prevent GERD
How to exfoliate your lips – Homemade lip scrubs
Minimizing Cold and Flu Germs at Home
SLVDR Clothing: Field And Street’ Fall 2013 Collection
High Street Beauty Products That Don’t Contain Microbeads
Spring Clean Your Weight Loss Plan