Gay Dudes are Tougher Than You - Pete Lee - Official Comedy Stand Up
How to Be Tougher than Most Guys Even Though You're a Girl
This article is "in use", indicating that it is undergoing a major edit.
As a courtesy,please do not edit this articlewhile this message is displayed. This notice was placed on 2019-09-30. If this was over two weeks ago, please contact the editor who added this notice to see if they are finished with the article before removing the tag. The editor will be listed in the article's . If there is no response from them within 5-7 days, anyone may remove the tag.
Love yourself.It's not the world's easiest job, especially if you're a girl - and it's not because women are inherently insecure, either. Society tells women that if they don't fit an extremely narrow box of "perfection", they're supposed to feel ashamed of themselves and go to shocking extremes to change who they are. Kick this idea to the curb and be proud of who you are and the many positive qualities you have.
- A good method of practicing this is writing down the attributes you like about yourself - both physical ("I love how unique my green eyes are") and personality-wise ("I'm really smart and I have a funny laugh").
- If you're struggling with insecurities, try to acknowledge one good quality of any part of yourself you're not fond of. For example, you might not be happy with the size of your eyes, but you might be proud of the colour and length of your eyelashes.
Look for positive female role models, both in real life and online.A lot of girls have been there: scrolling through Instagram, annoyed at themselves for not having this model's waist or that model's cheekbones. Give the comparisons a rest - especially when you're up against photos that are strategically angled and more-likely-than-not photoshopped.
- Don't base whether you admire a woman or not solely on her appearance. If you're funny, keep up with a bunch of comediennes of different shapes and sizes. If you've always wanted to learn to cook, acknowledge that not every female chef looks like she stepped out of a Sports Magazine.
Embrace your talents.It's virtually impossible to be horrible ateverything: unless you're a comic relief character from a one-dimensional entertainment show, of course. If you're a real human on planet Earth, however, you definitely have some sort of talent - whether it's theatre or football or quick problem-solving in Calculus class.
- Don't be shy to express your talent if it's often considered "girly": if you're an awesome ballerina, for example, don't hide it! It's a hard-to-attain skill that takes determination and focus. You can be a tough girl and do ace pirouettes while you're at it.
- Understanding that you have talents and things you are good at can be a boost to your confidence when you're feeling down.
Don't rely on anybody's approval to keep your self-esteem going.If you're a tough or outspoken girl, there's bound to be some people who don't like you for it. They could be sexist, easily intimidating, or just find you annoying for no reason at all. Don't crawl into a hole when the first criticism of your new persona starts to emerge - remember, every valuable person has been met with insults in their lifetime.
- If somebody repeatedly puts you down, tell a trusted authority figure or threaten to get said person in trouble. No amount of toughness makes you immune to constant harassment.
Project your self-assured attitude.You could be the most confident girl in the world and still get overlooked because you walk with your hands in your pockets, shrunk by an oversized jacket. To give the impression of a badass, cutting-edge girl who's not afraid to speak her mind, have good posture: keep your back straight, relax your shoulders and hold your head high.
Choose your own style.Don't be that person who's always rushing to buy the latest trends and is willing to wear a rat for an earring in the name of fashion. If you're tough, you shouldn't be flighty when it comes to your presentation - wear what you like. You'll earn respect from all genders by not conforming to what everybody else is wearing.
- Some people mistakenly believe that only stereotypically masculine styles (such as jarring Gothic fashion and laid-back tomboy wear) are acceptable for a tough girl. Note that this is rooted in false assumptions: you can be tough, outspoken, and badass in a frilly dress with heels. In fact, the contrast between your fashion and your attitude can add to your intimidation factor.
Express yourself with your appearance.If you're wearing the same boring lipgloss as every girl in school, you're not going to be read as a tough girl. Eyeliner, bold mascara and wild lipstick shades are generally read as "tough", or at least "edgy", although adopting a controversial style is not necessary to be tough. If you want to be seen as different,lookdifferent - whether it's a crazy hairstyle, a bright green eyeshadow or a shirt bearing your go-to political slogan.
- Though you might find it hilarious to bear a crude slogan on a crop top, your principal might not. If you're considering sporting anything too risky, always check with your school's guidebook.
Remain groomed and hygienic at all costs.Some arrogant guys think their lack of deodorant and unwillingness to brush their hair "charming" rather than plain disgusting -don'tbe like those guys. If you're going to assert your authority, it's going to be a lot more convincing if you don't do it with dumpster breath in their face.
Ask a Question
200 characters left
Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered.
- Show lack of emotion. That tells others that you're tough and not to be approached.
- You may lose friends, and become unpopular.
- You may get detention or suspension for being "tough." Teachers can be quite cruel to even the toughest person in school!
- You may get grounded if you raise your voice at your parents. Never do that.
Video: Bruce Springsteen - Tougher Than the Rest
15 Summer Beach Reads You Wont Be Able to Put Down
These are the names most likely to get pregnant in 2019
Battle Is Brewing In First War for the Planet of the Apes Trailer
How to Paint a Deck
How to Become a Fan of Doctor Who
Stock market news: Dow drops more than 400 points
What are the skin conditions during pregnancy
Surya Heirloom HLM-6001 Area Rug
The Best Men’s Belts Guide You’ll Ever Read
New Pill could banish PMS for good
King Arthur Flour Organic Whole Wheat Flour, 5 lb (Pack of 6)
Heres how to tell if you and your partner should go on a break
Date: 04.12.2018, 13:04 / Views: 82185