Wedding Series - DIY - Personalised Bridesmaid Slippers
How to Personalize Slippers
If you want your slippers to be unique, personalize them. You can add decorations or designs to make a pair of slippers reflect your personality. You can stitch your name on a pair of slippers. You can also embellish them with buttons and felt. Pick materials and styles of slippers that work for you personally and make sure any designs you choose do not prevent you from washing the slippers.
Sewing Your Name Onto Slippers
Decide on the color and position.If you want to add your name to a slipper, this can be a nice personalized touch. However, before adding your name, stop and consider where you want to add your name and the color thread you will use.
- Choose a color that you like and goes well with the current color of your slippers. If you have yellow slippers, for example, they may look great with blue lettering.
- Decide where you want to stitch your name. The main body of the slipper is probably the best place to start, as this is where you will have the most space.
- You can try lighting writing your name with a fabric pen or pencil first so you have a line to follow when you sew.
Make a single stitch.A simple back stitch can be used to add your name to a pair of slippers.To make a back stitch, start by making one simple stitch.
- Insert your needle through the underside of your slipper and then pull it upward.
- Move the needle forward slightly and then pass it back down through the slipper. A small space away from the first stitch, poke the needle back to the top of the slipper.
- This should leave you with a single stitch. You will make a series of stitches to write out your name on your slipper.
Fill in your stitch with a back stitch.From here, you want to back stitch to form a solid line. To do this, poke your needle back through the top of the slipper. Insert the needle where the first stitch ends and then push it through to the back side of the slipper. This should create one long line.
Make another stitch.Place the needle a small space away from the line you formed. Pull the needle back up to the top of the slipper. Then, stitch back again by feeding the needle through the top of the slipper where your line ends.
- When you're done, an even longer line should be formed with your thread.
Continue the pattern until you spell your name.Continue this pattern of backstitching, moving your thread until it forms your name. When you're done, tie a tight knot with the thread to prevent it from coming undone. Cut away excess thread with a pair of scissors.
- If you don't have the space to write your entire name in thread, you can just write you initials.
Decorating Your Slippers
Glue on felt decorations.A simple way to add your own unique decorations to slippers is with felt. Buy some felt and fabric glue from a local craft store. Choose colors or patterns of thread you like and that reflect your personality.
- Cut your thread into whatever shapes you want. You can use flowers, hearts, zig-zags, or anything else that's personally meaningful to you.
- When you're done, use the fabric glue to glue your designs on your slippers.
Sew on buttons.Buttons can be a cute addition to slippers and can give them a personal touch. If you want to add a splash of decoration, choose a variety of cute buttons to sew on your slippers.
- Look for cute buttons at craft stores, flea markets, and thrift stores. You can also remove buttons you like from old clothing you no longer wear.
- It's simple to sew buttons on to fabric. You can use a needle and thread to sew a loop of thread around the center of a button. Loop the thread around the slots near the center of the button a few times to secure it in place before tying your thread tightly and cutting off the needle.
Add designs with fabric paint.You can purchase fabric paint at a local craft store. This is a great way to spruce up plain slippers with a dull design or color. You can use a paintbrush or sponge brush to dab colors onto an otherwise dull pair of slippers.
- You can paint your slippers however you like. You can add designs, shapes, colors, or symbols that are personally meaningful to you.
- If you're not into sewing, you can write your name on your slippers using paint instead of sewing it on.
Try miscellaneous decorations.If you're stumped on what to do, stop by a local craft store and see what inspires you. With a little fabric glue or sewing supplies, you can attack a variety of items to slippers to make them more personal. Some ideas include:
- Pipe cleaner
- Iron-on designs
Choosing the Right Slippers for You
Choose a material that works for you.When selecting a slipper, select the right material. If you intend to personalize your slippers, you want a material that will hold up over time. You do not want to personalize slippers only to have them wear down fast.
- If you don't have your heart set on fuzzy slippers, rubber slippers are resistant to damage and hold up over time.
- Softer materials that tend to hold up include wool, cotton, animal skins, and polyester.
Think about how you'll clean slippers before decorating them.If you intend to decorate the slippers, think about cleaning them. Will your designs hold up in the wash? Cotton slippers can usually be washed in the washing machine, for example, but if you've added embellishments like buttons or paints, these can be harmed during the washing process.
- If you intend to personalize slippers, opt for a kind you can easily, safely hand wash or spot clean. You should also check the materials you're using to design your slippers to see if they hold up after being exposed to detergent or water.
- Rubber slippers, while not soft, may be a good option for personalized slippers as you can wipe them clean when they get dirty or damaged.
Consider how and when you will wear your slippers.If you just intend to wear your slippers around the house, you can get by with most softer fabrics. Things like wool and cotton are fine for indoor use. However, if you need slippers for outdoor use, consider water resistant materials like rubber.
- Some cotton or wool slippers have rubber undersides. These may work if you want to occasionally step outside wearing your slippers.
Video: How to print / personalize / sublimate on Rubber Slippers / Flip Flops
Obesity and your babys brain
This Moms Picture Of Her Daughters Piercing Has People Freaking Out
How to Decorate for a Bridal Shower
We Test It: Home Massagers
Heres How to Watch Pippa Middleton and James Matthews Wedding Live
John Legend Joins The Voice as a New Coach for Season 16
Scientists announce new breakthrough in fight against cancers which kill 7,000 women a year
Madelaine Petsch Shares Her Cruelty-Free Holiday Makeup Routine onYouTube
5 Detoxifying Soup Recipes for the New Year
Corrigan Studio Dougal 5 Piece Dining Set
Miu Mius New It Bag, According to Every Major Model, Everywhere