Spaghetti Squash Boats - Easy Meal Prep Healthy Dinner Recipes! - Mind Over Munch
Lower Fat Pesto and Butternut Squash Pizza
- Combine yeast, sugar, and water in a small bowl or measuring cup; stir and allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- To prepare the dough, place flours and salt in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a dough hook.
- Add the yeast mixture and one tablespoon of olive oil. Run machine on low until ingredients are just combined, then increase speed medium for 6 to 8 minutes, until dough has come together in a large ball.
- Transfer dough to an oiled bowl (using the first tablespoon) and cover with a clean kitchen towel. Let rise for one hour. Store half the dough in a freezer safe bag doe use another time.
- About halfway through the dough rising, preheat oven to 400F and prepare a sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
- Place butternut squash on sheet pan and drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt. Roast in the 400 degree oven until tender.
- Prepare pesto at this time if you haven't already.
- Place raised dough on a lightly floured surface and roll flat using a rolling pin. Carefully remove sheet pan from oven and drizzle with olive oil (the second tablespoon).
- Transfer dough to pan and gently press dough to the edges of the pan. Top with pesto, prepared squash, and sprinkle with cheese.
- Raise the oven temperature to 450F.
- Bake for 16 minutes, turning pan once half way through cooking.
- When cheese is bubbly and crust is golden brown remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before slicing into 8 large slices.
Ingredient Variations and Substitutions
Use any other desired veggie in place of the butternut squash; other taste suggestions include broccoli, bell pepper, black olives, or spinach. Or mix and match! All veggies offer unique nutrition benefits.
Cooking and Serving Tips
Making the dough with whole wheat pastry flour boosts the amount of whole grain fiber, important for a healthy digestive system.
In addition to making the dough ahead, you can make the entire pizza up to eight hours in advance and leave it for baking later. Adding the toppings, cover loosely with plastic wrap, and store in the fridge if it's going to be more than two hours before you need to bake it.
To defrost leftover frozen dough, place in the refrigerator overnight. Bring to room temperature before using.
Video: Low Carb Butternut Squash Pizza Casserole
How to Fly Domestically With Your Dog
This Woman Wants To Put an End To Makeup Shaming By Sharing Her Incredible Before and After Photo
Writing a Roller Coaster – An Author’s Bipolar Disorder
If Your Skin Is Like the Sahara, These 11 Super-Serums Will Hydrate It Fast
How to Act More Grown Up
The Best Shaving Soaps You Can Buy In 2019
How to Wear Statement Fur: Your Street Style–ApprovedGuide
Win The Marie Claire Debut Novel Award
If Ghosting Is Bad, Orbiting Is Even Worse
The most trendy color in 2014
How to Handle Five of the Most Common Childhood Traumas
Maple-Roasted Sweet Potatoes
42 Major Memorial Day Sales You Don’t Want toMiss
How to Fix a Mailbox
How to Hit a Normal Pitch Shot