Quick and Easy Spinach Lasagna Recipe
Simple Vegetarian Spinach Lasagna
- Preheat the oven the 350F.
- On the stovetop over medium heat, pour the tomato sauce into a saucepan. Add salt, oregano, and garlic. Bring to a light boil, lower the heat, and simmer for a few minutes. Stir occasionally.
- On the bottom of a 9x13 pan put a layer of tomato sauce. Place a layer of noodles on top, covering the bottom of the pan. Spread ricotta cheese on top of the noodles, top with spinach, and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and coat with a small ladle full of sauce. Repeat the layers until you get to the top of the pan. Sprinkle the final layer with mozzarella cheese.
- Place in the oven and bake for 45 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is golden brown on top.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for a 10 minutes before serving.
Ingredient Variations and Substitutions
Make this dish higher in fiber with whole wheat noodles, although they may only be available in the boil variety. Add other vegetables such a sliced carrots, zucchini, or eggplant. For an alternative green, use baby kale or arugula. Spread pesto between the layers or incorporate it into the tomato sauce for a rich, nutty flavor.
If you want to add meat, add cooked, diced chicken breast or ground turkey to the sauce. For a non-dairy twist, use vegan cheese in lieu of ricotta and mozzarella cheese.
Cooking and Serving Tips
To save time use no-boil lasagna noodles—they're quick and easy to assemble. Plus, the part-skim ricotta cheese and mozzarella reduce the fat but still offer good-quality protein.
This dish can be assembled and placed, uncooked and covered, in the refrigerator overnight. Simply heat and serve the next day. Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator or freezer in an airtight container.
Video: HOW TO MAKE SPINACH LASAGNA
Exclusive: David Beckham Interview
Elizabeth James Fall 2010 Lookbook
Victoria’s Secret Copying Triangl Swimsuits
What To Wear To A Winter Wedding
10 Rules for Preparing Homemade Baby Food
Short Haircuts for Women Over 50 to Look Gorgeous
How to Be Gently Honest
BFF Your Go-To Fashion App
The Cat-Eye Flick Is Hands Down Winters Most Versatile Makeup Trend
Finding Fulfillment in Life, Not Food