Mini Pumpkin Pie Recipe | Dairy Free + Gluten Free
Sugar-Free No-Cook Pumpkin Pudding
Nutrition Highlights(per serving)
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||7%|
|Total Sugars 9g|
|Includes 6g Added Sugars||12%|
|Vitamin D 1mcg||5%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calorie a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Prep5 min, Cook0 min
This no-cook, sugar-free instant pumpkin pudding recipe is high in nutrition and very easy to make. It starts with a base of instant pudding mix—sometimes convenience foods are nice, and since the pudding mix is sugar-free, it won't hurt the nutritional value of the recipe too much.
This recipe uses unsweetened soy milk for a low-carbohydrate count, but milk, unsweetened almond milk, or water mixed with cream all work. Make sure you use canned pumpkin and not pumpkin pie filling—the latter has added ingredients like sweeteners. The canned pumpkin is pure cooked pumpkin, which is chock full of vitamins and minerals (1 cup of pumpkin provides 100 percent of our daily requirement of vitamins A and C!).
For a pretty and impressive presentation, use miniature sugar pumpkins as individual bowls. Cut off the tops (reserving to place on top later, if desired) and scoop out the insides making sure the pumpkin is clean of pulp. Fill each with the pudding for an adorable dessert!
- 2 cups canned pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 2 cups unsweetened soy milk, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 5.1-ounce instant sugar-free vanilla pudding
- 1/4 cup toasted pecans for topping (optional)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together canned pumpkin, 1 cup unsweetened soy milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger.
- While whisking, add the pudding mix, and the remaining 1 cup of unsweetened soy milk. Whisk well to fully combine. (You can also use a stick blender.)
- The pudding will continue to thicken a little over time. You can add more liquid and/or spices for the consistency and flavor you prefer. Chill until set.
- Top each serving with toasted pecans if desired.
Ingredient Substitutions and Additional Healthy Pumpkin Recipes
If you'd like to use water combined with cream for the liquid, a ratio of 3 parts water to 1 part cream is ideal—so, in this recipe, 1 1/2 cups water to 1/2 cup cream.
Video: Pumpkin Pudding (Cold Dessert)
The Best Gels For Grooming YourBrows
Frisco 62-in Cat Tree, Cream
Watch Trumps Tuesday-night remarks below
How to Teach Yoga to Kids
How to Go Vegetarian As a Senior Citizen
Can I Get a Pedicure If I Have a Wart on My Foot
How to Create Programs on a TI 83 Graphing Calculator
Chocolate Covered Frozen Banana Bites – 65 calories
Sample Auditory Communication Plan
The Duchess Of Cambridge’s Favourite Skincare Product Sells Every 20 Seconds
How to Create a Private Channel in IRC